ant-user mailing list archives

From "Matt" <mathews_jul...@hotmail.com>
Subject RE: CVS.exe for Ant
Date Thu, 24 Jul 2003 22:16:15 GMT
Yeah a bat file would probably be the best idea.

Ok one more question. Is there any way we can avoid having cvs.exe for
doing CVS tasks.

I use Eclipse WDSC IDE and it doesn't use cvs.exe to do ant functions
but has its own CVS client written in Java.

Anyone knows or has ever tried to somehow do the Ant cvs tasks using the
CVS Client provided/used by WDSC or any other IDE.

Matt

-----Original Message-----
From: John Birtley [mailto:John.Birtley@apollosoft.net]
Sent: Thursday, July 24, 2003 3:04 PM
To: Ant Users List
Subject: RE: CVS.exe for Ant

One way that you could do it is to write a custom task that does an
exec() of Ant with the correct path.

But then everybody would have to have the CVS.exe in the same place on
their machine so I suppose you're back to square one.

You could give them a modified ant.bat that set the path appropriately
before calling Ant?