ant-user mailing list archives

From Bob Barnes <gand...@cal.net>
Subject Re: Newbie using Ant with Eclipse
Date Fri, 11 Jul 2003 16:12:52 GMT
David,

    Thanks for the quick reply. As soon as I hit the send button I
realized the answer to the compression question... happens every time.
Are you sure about the path semantics accepting ../ style navigation? I
had already tried that with no luck and I haven't been able to locate
any reference to that in the online Ant manual. At any rate I can't
seem to make it work. You understood perfectly my directory structure,
but just to restate.

I have:

top
top/alpha
top/alpha/bin

top/beta
top/beta/bin

top/gamma
top/gamma/bin

The alpha, beta and gamma directories each contain the Ant build file
for that project. The Eclipse compile places class files in the bin
directory. I'm able to access the class files and create the jar for
each project using something like:

beta Ant file
<jar jarfile="bin/beta.jar" includes="bin/**/*.class" basedir="."/>

but using 'up' navigation like so:

alpha Ant file
<jar jarfile="bin/alpha.jar" includes="../beta/bin/**/*.class,
../gamma/bin/**/*.properties, **/*.class" basedir="."/>

The beta Ant file correctly builds the beta.jar and the alpha Ant build
file correctly picks up the class files from the alpha directory, but
not the beta or gamma directories. I've tried ../, ../../ and even
../../../ just to make sure I wasn't missing a level. Either I'm doing
something really stupid (wouldn't be the first time) or there's more to
it. Just as a side note, what I'd prefer to do is include the jar files
from beta and gamma into alpha, but I can't get that to work either.
Any addiional suggestions?

TIA,

Bob