ant-user mailing list archives

From "Lopez, William" <william.lo...@eds.com>
Subject RE: question regarding WSAD specific ant tasks
Date Tue, 29 Jul 2003 22:37:52 GMT
Matthias:

Not sure if you have your answer... We do the same: PVCS get, build, deploy
(except using WSAD 4.0.3)...because of the behind the scenes manipulation
that the deploy tool does we had to add an extra step for the developer to
do. We created an extra folder in PVCS for them to place the WAS-friendly,
generated files (ejb-jar, schema, etc) then we use the follwing target to
call the deploy tool:

<target name="deploy.ejb.jar">
    <echo>...Generating deploy code for ${ant.project.name}</echo>
    <mkdir dir="${app.module.dir}\${jndiPrefix}" />
    <echo>...Creating dir ${app.module.dir}\${jndiPrefix}</echo>
    <property name="deployed.jar.file"
value="${app.module.dir}\${jndiPrefix}\${deployed.jar.name}"/>
    <exec executable="${ejbdeploy}"
          output="${deploy.logs}\ejbdeployFor${ant.project.name}.log"
          failonerror="true">
         <arg value="${ejb.jar.file}"/>
         <arg value="${deploy.working.dir}"/>
         <arg value="${deployed.jar.file}"/>
         <arg line="-cp
&quot;${tempBOJar};${tempejbJar};${tempServletJar};${build.base}\lib\xml4j.j
ar &quot;"/>
         <arg line="-dbvendor ${dbvendor}"/>
         <arg line="-novalidate"/>
         <arg value="-trace"/>
    </exec>
    <echo>...Finished generating deploy code for ${ant.project.name}</echo>
</target>

...due to the large number of EJB projects we only call the depoly tool once
and then in a separate target alter the jndi names and re-jar the ejbs.

HTH,
-Will