ant-user mailing list archives

From "Nathan Christiansen" <Nathan_Christian...@tni.com>
Subject RE: Ant Newbie's question to experienced Ants
Date Tue, 15 Jul 2003 22:33:27 GMT
Answers to questions:

1. Yes, I just wrote a build file to do this to verify that it would work.
2. Yes, this should be able to be done using the embedded element <manifest> to the
<jar> task.
3. Yes, I believe so. Someone else on this list asked about doing CVS Commit just today.
4. This is the default ant behavior.  If you separate your build file into separate targets
(one for each task), then ant prints out the target name as it is executing.

-- Nathan Christiansen
   Tahitian Noni International
   http://www.tahitiannoni.com

-----Original Message-----
From: Vikas Phonsa [mailto:VPhonsa@suz.com]
Sent: Tuesday, July 15, 2003 11:20 AM
To: 'user@ant.apache.org'
Subject: Ant Newbie's question to experienced Ants

Hi Folks.

I am a java programmer absolutely new to Ant and I want to use Ant to do the
following tasks. Basically I want to do some CVS tasks. Before I start I
want to know whether all of these could be done with Ant:

1.When I run a build ( build.xml) it should create the required jars but
automatically update the names of the jar files to append the current
timestamp ( or something very similar ) as the current version tag.

2.It should also update the Manifest file to add the current timestamp as to
reflect the version.

3.Upload the new jar files to the CVS repository and place them there as the
new versions.

4. While all of the above tasks are being done, give out details of which
task is being performed currently.

Also I would appreciate a little direction esp. for the task # 3.

Please advice.

Thanks

Vikas