ant-user mailing list archives

From David Balazic <david.bala...@hermes.si>
Subject RE: Make ant (much) faster ?
Date Fri, 18 Jul 2003 07:19:26 GMT
Yes, except a few things, everything is built again.
The ant output shows the target names, followed by actions like [copy],
[apply], [mkdir], [javac], [jar] etc.

Times :
ant rebuild : 49 seconds ( other runs : 51 , 47 ,  49 )
ant build : 30 seconds ( always started on an already built project.
                                   Other times : 34,  34 )
ant clean : 2 seconds ( other runs : 3, 2 )

As you see, while "ant build" is a bit faster than "ant rebuild", it still
takes a lot of time.

Regards,
David