ant-user mailing list archives

From Grenner Daniel <>
Subject RE: Getting out of memory while doing weblogic.appc using ant
Date Wed, 30 Jul 2003 07:05:34 GMT
There is a second memory parameter for appc that might help and it is
-J-mx256m (or however much memory you need). The reason for that is that
appc creates a new javac process, and the second process needs separate
memory settings. The settings to the second process is set through the -J
options. The feature is not very well documented, but can be found somewhere
deep in BEA's documentation.

I used the -J option successfully, although I was using the ejbjar ant task
instead of calling it with java directly. There the options should be set
<ejbjar ...
   <weblogic ...
       jvmargs="-Xms128m -Xmx256m"/>

This probably means that you should set the -J option as part of <arg... and
not <jvmarg...

-----Original Message-----
From: Amitav C []
Sent: den 30 juli 2003 08:13
To: 'Ant Users List'
Subject: Getting out of memory while doing weblogic.appc using ant

I have used following tag for weblogic.appc using ant
<target name="create-cdm-jar" depends="create-normal-jar">
     <java classname="weblogic.appc" fork="yes">
     <jvmarg value='-Xmx512M -Xms264M'/>
                       <pathelement location="${lib-path}/weblogic.jar"/>
                       <pathelement path="${dist-dto}/dto.jar"/>
       <arg line="-compiler javac ${dist-cdm}/cdmJar.jar -output
I am getting an Out of memory Exception. I have increase the memory size to
highest extend than also I am getting the same exceptions. It handling 200
nos if files. Any restriction is there for using nos of file ?

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message