ant-user mailing list archives

From "Duffey, Kevin" <KDuf...@marketron.com>
Subject RE: Problem running executable jar - classpath issues
Date Wed, 23 Jul 2003 23:33:34 GMT
Ok, that sucks then. So, when deploying, my executable .jar is wrapped up in a zip file along
with the lib dir. Unzipped the lib dir and app.jar are in the same dir. Therefore, relative
of lib/xxx would work in that case. When developing, I don't want to put the normal <root>/lib
in the <dist> dir as well, that is wasted space, not that it’s a big deal, but it
looks bad and requires extra maintenance. I can't believe there is no way to have Ant execute
a jar file in such a manner as to indicate that the .jar file is being ran from another dir.
I thought that is what the dir="" in the <java > call was for, to tell it where to start
the JVM from, and thus if it loads the executable .jar file from some sub-dir, it would force
it to operate out of the location dir="" is set to. Is there anything like that, or any other
way to do this?

-----Original Message-----
From: Conor MacNeill [mailto:conor@cortexebusiness.com.au]
Sent: Wednesday, July 23, 2003 4:31 PM
To: Ant Users List
Subject: Re: Problem running executable jar - classpath issues

On Thu, 24 Jul 2003 08:35 am, Duffey, Kevin wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Can somebody please explain how to make this work? I don't want to have to
> copy my app.jar into the <project root> dir, nor do I want to keep two
> directories of the libraries! I want to use my <project root>/lib/*.jar
> from the app.jar located in <project root>/dist/app.jar, and execute this
> from the build script.

Classpath entries in a manifest are relative to the location of the jar, not
from where you are running the code.

Conor

---

"The information contained in this e-mail message  may be confidential and
protected from disclosure.  If you are not the intended recipient, any
dissemination, distribution or copying is strictly prohibited.  If you think
that you have received this e-mail message in error, please e-mail the
sender at exchangeadmins@marketron.com."