ant-user mailing list archives

From "Duffey, Kevin" <KDuf...@marketron.com>
Subject compile ClassPath problems using <classpath refid..
Date Mon, 07 Jul 2003 18:07:26 GMT
Hi all,

I do the following:

<path id="compile.classpath">
	<fileset dir="${lib.dir}">
		<include name="**/*.jar"/>
	</fileset>
	<fileset dir="${classes.dir}/shared">
		<include name="**/*.class"/>
	</fileset>
</path>

Later on, I use this in my compile tasks:

<mkdir dir="${classes.dir}/server"/>
<javac srcdir="${root}/src-server"
	destdir="${classes.dir}/server"
	debug="${debug}"
	deprecation="on"
	optimize="on">
	<classpath refid="compile.classpath"/>
</javac>

The first compile task compiles a series of "shared" classes that the client, server, service,
and so forth all use. I compile this to ${classes.dir}/shared.

Later compiles all need to find these classes. In the above compile.classpath, I refer to
this via the:

<fileset dir="${classes.dir}/shared">
	<include name="**/*.class"/>
</fileset>

For some reason, all the other compile tasks fail (well, the very next one does, so the other
ones don't even occur). For some reason, they can't find any of the classes in the /shared
location. Can someone please explain why these are not being found if they are part of the
compile.classpath variable?

Thanks.

---

"The information contained in this e-mail message  may be confidential and
protected from disclosure.  If you are not the intended recipient, any
dissemination, distribution or copying is strictly prohibited.  If you think
that you have received this e-mail message in error, please e-mail the
sender at exchangeadmins@marketron.com."