ant-user mailing list archives

From Jacob Kjome <>
Subject Re: Junit/JunitReport in Ant
Date Fri, 25 Jul 2003 13:44:13 GMT
What JDK are you using?  Do you have xercesImpl.jar and xml-apis.jar in
ANT_HOME/lib?  Do you happen to have xml-apis.jar and/or xmlParserAPIs.jar
in your build classpath?  That is, other than ANT_HOME/lib?  Or do you have
an older XML parser that contains standard api classes which are
incompatible with those that come with Xerces2?  Note that Xerces1 contains
unnoficial versions of the dom (at least the html dom...and maybe the
standard dom).

Not sure if any of these are the cause, but the information might help you
out or tip someone else off to what the problem might be.

At 10:36 AM 7/25/2003 +0100, you wrote:
>Hi all,
>Something is puzzling me here.
>I am trying to get the System.out/System.err into the HTML reports from
>the JUnit test cases I have (yes, I know, tests shouldn't need to output,
>etc., etc., but ...).
>Option 1: There was a previous thread about this suggesting the XSL file
>needed to be patched, so I did that to my Ant install from CVS. I
>can see the changes in the spreadsheet but the generated report does not
>give me System.out or System.err links, despite these tags being present
>in the XML.
>Option 2: I downloaded the latest nightly build (20030724) and tried to
>run with that. Having added junit.jar and xalan.jar to ANT_HOME/lib, I am
>still getting NoClassDefFound errors running junit. However, if I don't
>delete the TEST-xxx.xml files before running, (so they were generated with
>, the junitreport shows System.out and System.err just fine.
>(Error from Ant 1.6 alpha is:)
>     [junit] java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/w3c/dom/Node
>     [junit]     at java.lang.Class.forName0(Native Method)
>     [junit]     at java.lang.Class.forName(
>     [junit]     at
>     [junit]     at
>     [junit]     at
>     [junit]     at
>     [junit] Exception in thread "main"
>Does anyone have any clues for how to fix this? I'd rather get it working
>with, but ultimately, either option will do for me.
>To unsubscribe, e-mail:
>For additional commands, e-mail:

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail: