ant-user mailing list archives

From Erik Hatcher <jakarta-...@ehatchersolutions.com>
Subject Re: why not conditions on tasks as on targets?
Date Wed, 16 Jul 2003 18:28:34 GMT
I don't view <scriptdef> as a "workaround", but rather a more elegant
way to do the "scripting" that folks yearn for.  Again, my comparison
of JSP to Ant.  I want my JSP's to be devoid of "code", yet the code
has to be somewhere, along with conditionals/loops/etc.  Taglibs <-->
Ant tasks.  And making Ant tasks with <scriptdef> is perfectly, and
quite, cool with me!

	Erik