ant-user mailing list archives

From "Glanville, Jay" <Jay.Glanvi...@NaturalConvergence.com>
Subject RE: How to import/export source/classes into/from Eclipse
Date Tue, 15 Jul 2003 10:52:54 GMT
What is the requirement for Eclipse (what do you want eclipse to do)?
Obviously it's not to just simply compile classes.

Don't be confused with the VA tasks.  The reason that they exist is because
Visual Age didn't actually use the file system: it had it's own repository
to store code.  Therefore, you needed to import/export files into/from it.
Eclipse doesn't use such a repository: it actually uses the file system.

What you might need to do is create a project in Eclipse where the source
and build directories are where you expect them to be, then use ant to copy
files to the source dir, start eclipse to do your work (note here, how did
you hope to get eclipse to actually perform any work?), and then go to the
build directories to get your work.

However, all that is academic until you can tell us what your requirement
for eclipse is.

JDG