ant-user mailing list archives

From Wendi Sisson <wendi.sis...@fedex.com>
Subject optional.jar - why doesn't ant find it in ANT_HOME\lib?
Date Wed, 30 Jul 2003 15:35:26 GMT
I am attempting to use the optional ftp task with ant 1.5 in Windows
2000 Professional. I run ant from the command-line, and I get this
standard error (below). I have read the ant FAQ as well as done a Google
search on this issue. I have the feeling the answer is obvious, but I'm
momentarily at a dead-end, and would appreciate any suggestions of what
to try next.

"D:\opt\TradeOne\build.xml:110: Could not create task of type: ftp.
Common solutions are to use taskdef to declare your task, or, if this is
an optional task, to put the optional.jar in the lib directory of your
ant installation (ANT_HOME)."

This error leads me to believe ant cannot find the optional.jar.
However, I believe I am explicitly following the instructions in the
"Installing Ant" and "Library Dependencies" sections of the Ant manual.
I have both the optional.jar and the NetComponents.jar in
D:\opt\ant\lib. I have an environment variable ANT_HOME (D:\opt\ant),
and I have added D:\opt\ant\bin to my PATH.

I don't think I should have to add anything to my CLASSPATH because the
Ant manual states that optional external libraries "may either be placed
in Ant's lib directory, where they will be picked up automatically, or
made available on the system CLASSPATH environment variable." However,
to be safe I have also added
"D:\opt\ant\lib\optional.jar;D:\opt\ant\lib\NetComponents.jar" to my
CLASSPATH.

Can anyone provide a pointer about what else I might check? I appreciate
your help. Wendi

--
Wendi Sisson
Systems Programmer