ant-user mailing list archives

From James Black <jbl...@ieee.org>
Subject Re: problem getting junit task to find classes
Date Wed, 30 Jul 2003 14:05:02 GMT
Christopher Lenz wrote:

> James Black wrote:
> [snip]
>
>>    [junit] Testcase:
>> testGetDepartmentOption(edu.usf.acomp.jsf.nams.JSFDepartmentsTest):
>> Caused
>> an ERROR
>>    [junit] edu/usf/acomp/jsf/nams/JSFDepartments
>>    [junit] java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:
>> edu/usf/acomp/jsf/nams/JSFDepartments
>>    [junit] at
>> edu.usf.acomp.jsf.nams.JSFDepartmentsTest.testGetDepartmentOption(JSFDepartmentsTest.java:34)

> NoClassDefFoundError does not mean that the class 'JSFDepartments'
> could not found (that would be ClassNotFound). It might mean that
> JSFDepartments depends on some class that is not on the classpath.
> I.e. what is missing could be the super class of JSFDepartments, or
> the class of some static field of JSFDepartments, etc.

  I pass -verbose to the jvm, and here is what I found that may explain
the problem.  I appear to get an exception when I load in the
DOMElementWriter, a NumberFormatException.

    [junit] ------------- Standard Output ---------------
    [junit] testGetDepartmentOption
    [junit] ------------- ---------------- ---------------
    [junit] Testcase:
testGetDepartmentOption(edu.usf.acomp.jsf.nams.JSFDepartmentsTest): Caused
an ERROR
    [junit] edu/usf/acomp/jsf/nams/JSFDepartments
    [junit] java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:
edu/usf/acomp/jsf/nams/JSFDepartments
    [junit] at
edu.usf.acomp.jsf.nams.JSFDepartmentsTest.testGetDepartmentOption(JSFDepartmentsTest.java:34)
    [junit] at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
    [junit] at
    [junit] at
    [junit] at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:324)
    [junit] at junit.framework.TestCase.runTest(TestCase.java:154)
    [junit] at junit.framework.TestCase.runBare(TestCase.java:127)
    [junit] at junit.framework.TestResult$1.protect(TestResult.java:106)
    [junit] at
junit.framework.TestResult.runProtected(TestResult.java:124)
    [junit] at junit.framework.TestResult.run(TestResult.java:109)
    [junit] at junit.framework.TestCase.run(TestCase.java:118)
    [junit] at junit.framework.TestSuite.runTest(TestSuite.java:208)
    [junit] at junit.framework.TestSuite.run(TestSuite.java:203)
    [junit] at
org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.optional.junit.JUnitTestRunner.run(JUnitTestRunner.java:325)
    [junit] at
org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.optional.junit.JUnitTestRunner.main(JUnitTestRunner.java:536)
    [junit] [Loaded sun.nio.cs.UTF_8$Encoder from
/usr/j2sdk1.4.2/jre/lib/rt.jar]
    [junit] [Loaded org.apache.tools.ant.util.DOMElementWriter]
    [junit] [Loaded java.lang.IllegalArgumentException from
/usr/j2sdk1.4.2/jre/lib/rt.jar]
    [junit] [Loaded java.lang.NumberFormatException from
/usr/j2sdk1.4.2/jre/lib/rt.jar]
    [junit] [Loaded org.apache.xerces.dom.NodeListCache from
/usr/j2sdk1.4.2/jre/lib/endorsed/xercesImpl.jar]
    [junit] [Loaded java.lang.Shutdown from
/usr/j2sdk1.4.2/jre/lib/rt.jar]
    [junit] [Loaded java.lang.Shutdown$Lock from
/usr/j2sdk1.4.2/jre/lib/rt.jar]