ant-user mailing list archives

From Christopher Lenz <cml...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: problem getting junit task to find classes
Date Wed, 30 Jul 2003 13:12:37 GMT
James Black wrote:
[snip]
>    [junit] Testcase:
> testGetDepartmentOption(edu.usf.acomp.jsf.nams.JSFDepartmentsTest): Caused
> an ERROR
>    [junit] edu/usf/acomp/jsf/nams/JSFDepartments
>    [junit] java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:
> edu/usf/acomp/jsf/nams/JSFDepartments
>    [junit] at
> edu.usf.acomp.jsf.nams.JSFDepartmentsTest.testGetDepartmentOption(JSFDepartmentsTest.java:34)

NoClassDefFoundError does not mean that the class 'JSFDepartments' could not
found (that would be ClassNotFound). It might mean that JSFDepartments
depends on some class that is not on the classpath. I.e. what is missing
could be the super class of JSFDepartments, or the class of some static
field of JSFDepartments, etc.

Hope this helps,
-chris