ant-user mailing list archives

From Jorge Pereira <...@inescporto.pt>
Subject Re: help wanted - escaping from quotes
Date Wed, 30 Jul 2003 10:50:28 GMT
Hi Morten,

     First thanks for your replay.

     The problem is that if i do as you say (and i have tested this
before) the second URL does not apear in the rmi property and the rmid
can't download the jini classes. So it gives a "no class def found
/net/jini/core/something".

     In the sun documentation they say (and that is true) that, whenener
more that one url is neaded one must put the diferent url's in quotes
separated by a space in the refered java.rmi.server.codebase.

     The problem is that the jvmargs tag does not do this. I think you
are right. My first atempt was to put as you say, in the ant build.xml
but with no success.

     I think this is a bug in the ant <jvmargs> tag, but, until now, i
did not have a response from the ant team.

     So if i do:
         <jvmarg
value="-Djava.rmi.server.codebase=file:///${basedir}/build/classes/
file:///$basedir/lib/jini/jini-core.jar" />
         - jmarg only provides the first url to forked jvm;
     and like this:
         <jvmarg
value='-Djava.rmi.server.codebase="file:///${basedir}/build/classes/
file:///$basedir/lib/jini/jini-core.jar"' />
         - jmarg only provides the first url to forked jvm with the first
quote, so "file:/// is an unknown protocol.

So anymore suggestions ???

     Regards,
         Jorge Pereira