ant-user mailing list archives

From __matthewHawthorne <mhawtho...@alumni.pitt.edu>
Subject Re: Problem running executable jar - classpath issues
Date Wed, 23 Jul 2003 23:37:46 GMT
This is default jar file behavior, and AFAIK, there is no way to change
it.  If it is a huge problem, a problem large enough to make you want to
question your deployment strategy, you may want to either try using
links (if you're using unix), or creating a wrapper script to set your
classpath and run your program.

Duffey, Kevin wrote:

>Ok, that sucks then. So, when deploying, my executable .jar is wrapped up in a zip file
along with the lib dir. Unzipped the lib dir and app.jar are in the same dir. Therefore, relative
of lib/xxx would work in that case. When developing, I don't want to put the normal <root>/lib
in the <dist> dir as well, that is wasted space, not that it’s a big deal, but it
looks bad and requires extra maintenance. I can't believe there is no way to have Ant execute
a jar file in such a manner as to indicate that the .jar file is being ran from another dir.
I thought that is what the dir="" in the <java > call was for, to tell it where to start
the JVM from, and thus if it loads the executable .jar file from some sub-dir, it would force
it to operate out of the location dir="" is set to. Is there anything like that, or any other
way to do this?