ant-user mailing list archives

From Patrick Surry <Patrick.Su...@quadstone.com>
Subject Re: ANT for simple ETL plans?
Date Wed, 23 Jul 2003 17:07:19 GMT

>> 1. Can you control the degree of parallelism, eg. I want to do something
>> like 'ant --maxParallel=4 ...' or:
>>
>>  <parallel numThreads="4"/>
>>    <... lots of tasks ...
>>  </parallel>
>>
>This has been added to CVS - will be in Ant 1.6

Cool.

>> and have Ant only kick off new tasks when old ones finish to avoid having
>> too many running at once (they have big resource requirements).
>>
>> 2. Is there any good way to manipulate dates held in properties?
>>
>You could try <propertyfile>. Not sure exactly what manipulations you have in
>mind.

<propertyfile> <entry type="date" ...> looks very close, only thing missing
seems to be to specify different format for reading and writing the date, so
you could do format conversions. eg. user specifies param value of 7/23/2003,
convert to a 20030723 to use as a file extension, convert to 'EEE' to get
week-day name ('Wed') to decide whether to run an end-of-week report, or
extract year, month, day as separate properties.  Maybe an optional
'outputpattern' attribute?

Patrick