ant-user mailing list archives

From "J.Pietschmann" <j3322...@yahoo.de>
Subject Re: XML to TXT
Date Wed, 16 Jul 2003 17:06:02 GMT
Aloizio Pereira da Silva wrote:
>>if you're talking about turning an XML file into something readable with
>>paragraphs and stuff, then you want to look into XSLT.
>

> Exactly. But I want to do this for any XML file and not only for a
> specific XML file.

You can transform any XML file. You'll still have to be a bit
more specific about your problem. Do you want to strip markup,
or have a report on what elements are in the XML and how often
they occur, or what?

Anyway, this gets into the domain of XSLT. Once you've figured
out what you want, and how to use the style/xslt task, ask on
the XSL list
   http://www.mulberrytech.com/xsl/xsl-list/
for advice about XSLT (not appropriate here).

J.Pietschmann