ant-user mailing list archives

From Daniel Barclay <Daniel.Barc...@fgm.com>
Subject Re: R: tasks hell
Date Tue, 15 Jul 2003 14:38:40 GMT
Matt Benson wrote:

 > I don't see that Stefan's post warranted such
 > a rude, smart remark...

I was just trying to point of that (what I perceived to be) the tone of
the "Hmmm" to the previous poster wasn't warranted, given that the
suggestion to look things up alphabetically didn't address the poster's
problem of being overwhelmed.

> ..., a good way to learn tasks is to
> browse the documentation, then read about and possibly
> try things that sound interesting and/or useful.  Very
> much like the best way to learn the Java API, which is
> hopefully what led most here to Ant in the first
> place.

Right, but sometimes you need a little guidance or what's a good place
to start (like the guides and tutorials that help orient one to the
parts of the JDK API).

Daniel