ant-user mailing list archives

From Ed Vander Hoek <removethis.mr...@shaw.ca>
Subject Exec and exit code
Date Sat, 05 Jul 2003 03:47:42 GMT
I'm having some odd problems with the exec task. I'm using it to execute
the following very simple test program:
    main() {
      printf("Executing...");
      return 1;
    }

with the following build.xml file:

    <?xml version="1.0"?>
    <project name="T2" default="T2" basedir=".">
      <target name="T2">
        <exec executable="./a.out" failonerror="true" />
      </target>
    </project>

In theory the build should fail since the test app is returning an error
code. Yet, most of the time the build succeeds although about 10% of the
time it fails and prints "build.xml:6: exec returned: 1"

This is under SuSE 8.1, Ant 1.6alpha, JDK 1.4.1_02-b06. Doing
approximately the same thing under Windows seems to work fine.

Any ideas on what could be going on here?

thanks in advance,

Ed Vander Hoek