ant-user mailing list archives

From "John Birtley" <John.Birt...@apollosoft.net>
Subject RE: ftp task - hostname resolution
Date Fri, 25 Jul 2003 11:16:35 GMT
Not that I know of - the reason that I asked was so that I could look at
the source.

Ultimately, the FTP task (through various layers) eventually just comes
down to a:

	new Socket( host, port);

So the question is, do you get the same error if you compiled and
executed the following:

	import java.net.*;

	public class Connect {

		/**
		 * Host to connect to
		 */
		public static final String HOST = "myhost";

		/**
		 * Port (FTP)
		 */
		public static final int PORT = 21;

		/**
		 * Try and connect
		 */
		public static void main( String[] args) {
			try {
				Socket sock = new Socket( HOST, PORT);
			}
			catch( Exception e) {
				e.printStackTrace();
			}
		}
	}

If this doesn't work, then you have a problem with the resolver on your
system, so try setting resolution to `files' only, `nis' only and `dns'
only and try connecting using the above program for each of these.  This
will at least tell you which part of the resolver is having a problem.

I don't have a HPUX box in front of me here, but man resolver(3) will
give you a good starting point.

Good luck.

Antoine