ant-user mailing list archives

From "David Resnick" <dresn...@mobilespear.com>
Subject RE: replace string in binary file
Date Thu, 24 Jul 2003 12:35:31 GMT
About trying to merge the changes I need into a stable release: I just
did some diffs and saw what you told me: it isn't going to be a trivial
task. I'll try the build from 14/7.

The build file snippit is this:

        <delete failonerror="false" includeEmptyDirs="true">
            <fileset dir="${work.dir}"/>
        </delete>

If you need any more info to try to find the problem, let me know. The
output I posted from the delete command that fails was done using -v.

David

-----Original Message-----
From: peter reilly [mailto:peter.reilly@corvil.com]
Sent: Thursday, July 24, 2003 13:29
To: Ant Users List
Subject: RE: replace string in binary file

On Thu, 2003-07-24 at 13:12, David Resnick wrote:
> Thanks for the speedy reply!
>
> I just tried using the nightly build and the very first operation
> (delete) failed:
>
>    [delete] Deleting 1493 files from C:\sandbox\work
[shudder Windows]
>    [delete] Deleting C:\sandbox\work\C:\sandbox\work\file.txt
>    [delete] Unable to delete file
> C:\sandbox\work\C:\sandbox\work\file.txt

This does not look right, do you have a portion of
the build file that causes this.
There has been some work recently to speed up
handling of patternsets, with some mods dealing with
root directories - you may have ran into a bug with
this code.

You could try a previous nightly build - perhaps 2003-07-14.

> I was in any case worried about replacing the stable version of Ant
that
> I use with an alpha release; now I'm really worried ;-).
>
> Could you point me in the direction of the fixes to the copy task so
> that I can merge them into a regular release of Ant?

The fixes in this case are more of a redesign....

Peter