ant-user mailing list archives

From "David Resnick" <dresn...@mobilespear.com>
Subject RE: replace string in binary file
Date Thu, 24 Jul 2003 12:12:17 GMT
Thanks for the speedy reply!

I just tried using the nightly build and the very first operation
(delete) failed:

   [delete] Deleting 1493 files from C:\sandbox\work
   [delete] Deleting C:\sandbox\work\C:\sandbox\work\file.txt
   [delete] Unable to delete file
C:\sandbox\work\C:\sandbox\work\file.txt

I was in any case worried about replacing the stable version of Ant that
I use with an alpha release; now I'm really worried ;-).

Could you point me in the direction of the fixes to the copy task so
that I can merge them into a regular release of Ant?

Thanks,
David

-----Original Message-----
From: peter reilly [mailto:peter.reilly@corvil.com]
Sent: Thursday, July 24, 2003 12:54
To: Ant Users List
Subject: Re: replace string in binary file

You will need to use a nightly build of ant.
Some issues with binary files have been solved.

With the nightly build the following should do
the trick:

<copy file="${binaryfile}" tofile="${modifiedbinaryfile}">
   <filterchain>
        <replacestring from="ASCIISTRING" to="ReplacedString"/>
   </filterchain>
</copy>

Peter