ant-user mailing list archives

From "Lule Chen" <llc...@nortelnetworks.com>
Subject RE: foreach task failed for out of resource error!
Date Tue, 15 Jul 2003 15:08:12 GMT
I found that without setting memoryMaximumSize, the fork alone does not
help.

Louis

-----Original Message-----
From: Antoine Levy-Lambert [mailto:antoine@antbuild.com]
Sent: July 15, 2003 10:14 AM
To: Ant Users List
Subject: Re: foreach task failed for out of resource error!

> 1. Is there limitation on max size it can be set?
I guess it depends on the amount of memory available on the computer where
you are running your ant build.

> 2. After I set this ANT_OPTS, do I have to set memoryMaximumSize for
> the javac task? Previously, if I don't set this memoryMaximumSize, I
> got the
out
> of resources error for the javac task as well.

You may fork (execute in another virtual machine) the Java Task. In this
case it makes sense to set memory size and other JVM parameters for the java
task. I presume you are not forking the java task currently.

> 3. Are there other ANT_OPTS that I can set? Where can I find those
options?

ANT_OPTS are command line flags java.
if you do java -X you get the help concerning the special command line flags
of the java command.

Cheers

Antoine