ant-user mailing list archives

From Conor MacNeill <co...@cortexebusiness.com.au>
Subject Re: <ant> and build failure
Date Thu, 31 Jul 2003 14:41:01 GMT
On Fri, 1 Aug 2003 12:14 am, Keith Hatton wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Background: I'm using <ant> to run my JUnit tests as part of a
> <parallel>/<sequential> task while an application server is running.
>
> What I would like to be able to do is prevent the user from thinking all is
> well if any of the test cases fail. I can set a property in <junit> on
> failure, and <fail> the build if this is set ... but this is all going on
> in the <ant> task of the master build file.
>
> If I do this, at the moment the net result is my build hangs ... I think
> one thread of the <parallel> task has failed and so nothing is stopping the
> application server (which would stop the other thread).
>
> Is there any way to set a property in <ant> if the called file/target
> fails, rather than just fail (apparently silently)? I couldn't see a
> "failonerror" or "failure" attribute in the manual (1.5.3.1) but I think
> this would be useful. Any other suggestions on how to achieve this welcome.

The attribute is not going to help you since the <parallel> task has hung. The
exception prevents the shutdown which prevents parallel from finishing.

I have added facilities to <parallel> in Ant 1.6 to fail if any of the tasks
fail without waiting for the other threads to complete. It also supports a
timeout.

Conor