ant-user mailing list archives

From dc ...@wm.namco.co.jp>
Subject Re[2]: echoing filesize
Date Thu, 31 Jul 2003 04:31:52 GMT
There are a few external libraries for working on MIDP stuff, including
Antic and the Antenna tasks (wtkjad etc). These both have filesize
tweaker tools.

However, I have a number of external developers working on stuff and
the point of Ant for me is that they don't need to customize their environment
to build, and v-versa when i get their stuff...
I can do almost everything with built in tasks, except tweak the filesize...

on windows, I thot there might be a hacky way of doing it as an <exec> with
a DOS command. And most ppl have cygwin installed, so perhaps there is
some way of using one of those commands. But still, this is yukky.

Alternately I can bundle the task with the build and use this, but this
is a bit messy.

<taskdef name="filesize"
	classname="com.blah.util.FileSize"
	classpath="${basedir}/lib/utils.jar"/>

But its a little messy.

/dc

from [ Morten Mortensen <morten.mortensen@tietoenator.com> ] on [ Wed, 30 Jul 2003 21:24:37
+0200 ]

>   Hi David & All,
>
>   I have had this #、*%、#@&%*@#、 problem. I have made a tool for creating and
>   maintaining build-environments in general - I am currently testing it for
>   MIDP/CLDC, which is a particular trouble-some case. By the way, it also
>   handles external, pre-obfuscated libraries (ProGuard rocks!) and generates
>   obfuscated, JAD'ed and JavaDoc'ed results. The internal manifest and the
>   external JAD-file are generated from the same input. More on this later.
>
>   This very, very simple thing I could not find anywhere - "file-size",
>   "is-file", "is-dir" - stuff like that. Reading file-timestamps could also
>   come in handy at some point. The missing "file-size" is incredibly painful
>   when using upload-programs for e.g. Nokia-phones; if the size is wrong, one
>   must set it in the JAD-file. I believe, that the interpretation of
>   "MIDlet-Jar-Size" have been relaxed by Sun at some point - perhaps that was
>   just the data-size, not the jar-size?
>
>   I have a couple of Ant-tasks - one of them is a "file-size" task, which I
>   use for setting "MIDlet-Jar-Size" - see page 3 -
>   ftp://yelstream.org/pub/Slice%20Extension%20Set%20for%20Apache%20Ant/1.4/Sli
>   ce-User-Manual.pdf
>
>   See also -
>   ftp://yelstream.org/pub/Slice%20Extension%20Set%20for%20Apache%20Ant/1.4/Sli
>   ce.v1.4.b331.UnzipMe!.zip
>   ftp://yelstream.org/pub/Slice%20Extension%20Set%20for%20Apache%20Ant/1.4/Sli
>   ce.v1.4.b332.source.UnzipMe!.zip
>
>   For the moment, you are free to use the source-code in any way you see fit.
>
>   Apparently, no one uses Ant for generating MIDlets... ;-)
>
>   Med venlig hilsen
>     Morten Sabroe Mortensen
>     TietoEnator A/S, Ved Lunden 12, 8230 ナbyhxj, Danmark
>     mailto:Morten.Mortensen@tietoenator.com
>     http://www.tietoenator.com

/dc