ant-user mailing list archives

From dc ...@wm.namco.co.jp>
Subject Re: Cant get ant to run
Date Tue, 29 Jul 2003 09:49:32 GMT
Ant seems to be running OK, is there a build.xml file in that dir?

>> When no arguments are specified, Ant looks for a build.xml file in the
current directory and, if found, uses that file as the build file and
runs the target specified in the default attribute of the <project> tag.
To make Ant use a build file other than build.xml, use the command-line
option -buildfile file, where file is the name of the build file you
want to use.

/dc

from [ "Tim Davidson" <tim.davidson@greenhatconsulting.com> ] on [ Tue, 29 Jul 2003
10:43:31 +0100 ]

>   Hi,
>
>   I've spent ages trying to get ant to run but with no luck. Can anyone help?
>   I'm runing on winNT with java 1.4, path and ant_home are set correctly, all I get is
this, which doesn't really tell me anything about why it isn't working:
>   C:\ant\bin>ant
>   Usage: java [-options] class [args...]
>              (to execute a class)
>      or  java -jar [-options] jarfile [args...]
>              (to execute a jar file)
>
>   where options include:
>       -client       to select the "client" VM
>       -server       to select the "server" VM
>       -hotspot      is a synonym for the "client" VM  [deprecated]
>                     The default VM is client.
>
>       -cp -classpath <directories and zip/jar files separated by ;>
>                     set search path for application classes and resources
>       -D<name>=<value>
>                     set a system property
>       -verbose[:class|gc|jni]
>                     enable verbose output
>       -version      print product version and exit
>       -showversion  print product version and continue
>       -? -help      print this help message
>       -X            print help on non-standard options
>       -ea[:<packagename>...|:<classname>]
>       -enableassertions[:<packagename>...|:<classname>]
>                     enable assertions
>       -da[:<packagename>...|:<classname>]
>       -disableassertions[:<packagename>...|:<classname>]
>                     disable assertions
>
>   many thanks.

/dc
david [dc] collier