ant-user mailing list archives

From Conor MacNeill <co...@cortexebusiness.com.au>
Subject Re: When will 1.6 be stable?
Date Thu, 24 Jul 2003 23:40:27 GMT
On Fri, 25 Jul 2003 02:12 am, Rutger Hofman wrote:
> Yes I sure use Ant 1.6 beta.
>
> But for a distro, it is undesirable to force all my users to
> use the nightly build.
>
> So, my question remains: can anybody maybe shed some light
> on the plans (when) to make Ant 1.6 the stable release?
> Or are we in for 1.5.4 --- 1.5.23 before 1.6 is officially
> released?

We generally discuss release issues on the dev-list so you can track progress
of upcoming releases there.

We are working towards a 1.6 release but there is a good deal of new
functionality we wish to get right before we release. I would expect a first
beta in a month or two but that is highly dependent on many external factors
such as available free time, whether some features have design problems, bug
loads, etc.

We are contemplating a 1.5.4 release to address one or two issues created by
the javah changes in the latest JDK release. The effort to get that release
out might delay 1.6. This is still under consideration. I would not expect a
1.5.5 at all.

So I can't give you a definitive timeframe but the above is an indication.

Conor