ant-user mailing list archives

From unmesh joshi <unmesh_jo...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: default bsedir
Date Wed, 23 Jul 2003 21:58:04 GMT
Thanks all!. Actually I was unnecessaryli confused.
The thing was we had definition like this

<property name="build.dir" value="${basedir}_build">
<target name="init"
  <mkdir dir="${build.dir}"/>

Our build file is under <project_dir>/src directory. Above file was in src dir and used
to create a build dir
<project_dir>/src_build/...

A sibling of src dir.

This was done i was told because if we create build dir inside srcdir like src/build/classes
 each ant call used to take a lot of time. When build dir was made sibling the ant calls were
too fast and lot of improvement in the build time.

Thanks,
Unmesh

__matthewHawthorne <mhawthorne@alumni.pitt.edu> wrote:
(From the ant manual:)

basedir =
the base directory from which all path calculations are done. This
attribute might be overridden by setting the "basedir" property
beforehand. When this is done, it must be omitted in the project tag. If
neither the attribute nor the property have been set, the parent
directory of the buildfile will be used.

unmesh joshi wrote:

>Hi,
>
>What is the default for basedir attribute in project element?
>
>When I omitted it from my build file. The default taken was parent directory of the directory
in which build.xml was there.

>but in the book ANT definitive guide, its given that default basedir is the directory
containing the build file. What is correct?