ant-user mailing list archives

From Matt Benson <gudnabr...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Properties in Ant are immutable [was: Bug with property/propertyfile ?]
Date Mon, 21 Jul 2003 19:14:27 GMT
XML is, by definition, a "language", I suppose, but
that does not make it a programming language, nor does
it make Ant either a programming language or a general
language, in my view.  Ant is, at the end of the day,
just another application that processes data stored in
a particular XML structure.  Tomcat, for example,
reads XML files of a different structure than those
used by Ant--is it a language?  Because your build
file really isn't much more, at heart, than a
configuration file which informs the Ant Java program
what is expected of it.

-Matt