ant-user mailing list archives

From Matt Benson <gudnabr...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Properties in Ant are immutable [was: Bug with property/propertyfile ?]
Date Mon, 21 Jul 2003 16:53:06 GMT
I would go with the first statement:  Ant was not
intended to be a language.  At its core Ant is a Java
application that reads an XML file which specifies a
build process in the form of targets and their
dependencies, and the tasks which compose these
targets.  However, it can be extended to do all kinds
of useful things outside its original scope.

Just one opinion...