ant-user mailing list archives

From Jason Varsoke <jvars...@yahoo.com>
Subject cvspass conflict?
Date Sun, 20 Jul 2003 22:59:58 GMT
In my build-file I have ${cvs.root} set either to the anonymous public
CVS or the developers' CVS based on whether ${cvs.login} is set.

My cvs target looks like this:
      <cvspass cvsroot="${cvs.root}"
               password="${cvs.passwd}"
               />
      <cvs  command="export"
            dest="${staging.dir}.tmp"
            cvsRoot="${cvs.root}"
            package="ictk"
            tag="${cvs.tag}"
            />
---
cvs.root=:pserver:anonymous@cvs.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/ictk
or
cvs.root=:ext:${cvs.login}@cvs.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/ictk
depending on if cvs.login is valid

cvs.passwd="" no matter what since the developer is always prompted for
the password.

If I use the cvs target only for anon login things are just fine.  But
if I use the developer's login once it works, but the anon login will
fail next time with some strange errors.  Deleting the ~/.cvspass cures
this until next round.

This is the error:
cvs:
      [cvs] Using cvs passfile: /home/jvarsoke/.cvspass
      [cvs] cvs [export aborted]: internal error: get_cvs_port_number
called for invalid connection method (ext): Invalid argument

A quick check with "cvs
-d:pserver:anonymous@cvs.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/ictk login" produces
the same results.

The ~/.cvspass looks like this:
:ext:jvarsoke@cvs.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/ictk A
:pserver:anonymous@cvs.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/ictk A

So I started thinking I don't really need the cvspass target.  So after
commenting it out it produces this for the anon:

cvs:
      [cvs] cvs export: warning: failed to open /home/jvarsoke/.cvspass
for reading: No such file or directory
      [cvs] cvs export: Updating ictk
      [cvs] . . .

Which works fine except for the warning reported.  But since this is a
publically released library I'd rather users not get a warning.

All works just fine for the developer's login w/ cvspass.

So, other than keeping a local .cvspass and deleting it after each run,
or using 2 different .cvspass files, is there something I'm doing
wrong?

-jason