ant-user mailing list archives

From Joseph Campbell <>
Subject Re: Embedding Ant...
Date Fri, 18 Jul 2003 18:50:04 GMT
Not really what I am looking for.

The full scenario looks like this: I am developing an Install Process for an
item that I upload to a tomcat web site.  Tomcat is taking care of a some
JNDI stuff (Most importantly a database connection) that I will need in the
process.  So I need to bootstrap an ant process and point it to a directory
that contains the "Unarchived" version of the thing that I have uploaded to
my portal.  Kinda like a WAR file unpacking itself, but a little more on the
complex side.  I have to merge files, and do some database inserts - among
other things.  ANT plays a perfect fit due to its ability to specialize my
own "Tasks" and targets, not to mention using the built in ones in a nice
easy to read XML format.  This will also provide that addtional benefit of
allowing me to make a file "Builder" application which will dynamically build
the xml build.xml file and package the other stuff needed in a nice archive

I just have to find a way to start ANT without it using a System.exit() call.
This call will be from a java class inside of the web app noted above, and
will be triggered by an end user.

On Friday 18 July 2003 2:42 pm, Alexey Solofnenko wrote:
> Look at ant.bat - it executes ANT inside. You can set classpath and call
> the same class from your code.
> - Alexey.
> --
> { } Alexey N. Solofnenko
> Pleasant Hill, CA (GMT-8 usually)

I wonder if there is anyone in the world who works harder
at anything than American school kids work at popularity.
Navy SEALs and neurosurgery residents seem slackers by
     - Paul Graham
Joseph Campbell      | EMAIL:
Staff Consultant     | URL:
Inventa Technologies | PH:    (856)914-5200
                     | PGER:  (888)454-0876

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message