ant-user mailing list archives

From James Asher <thejoker...@yahoo.com>
Subject Is this Ant Task feasable?
Date Tue, 15 Jul 2003 20:00:52 GMT
I was wondering what all of you guru-types thought of
this ant task:

We have an application that has a registration process
that creates dynamic pages with cookies.  We'd like to
be able to check the validity of the (x)html through
the W3C's validator.  We'd like to all have this as
one ant task.

Right now we do some unit testing with JUnit/JWebUnit.
 Could it be possible to use those tools to go out to
our application on the web and then go through the
application process,saving the html to the hard disk
somewhere then going to validator.w3c.org and using
the validator - the file upload one - to check the
pages' validity.

To me, it seems "semi-feasible".  With JWebUnit I know
I can get to the web and do all sorts of button
clicks, link clicks, enter data into forms, etc. So I
should be able to progress through the application
fine.  One hang-up I see is being able to retrieve the
actual html document back for saving to the hard disk.
 I'm not sure if I would be able to do that - with
JWebUnit or any other tool for that matter.

Well, what do you all think?  :-)

Thanks in advance for all comments I might receive.

- James