ant-user mailing list archives

From Ivan Ivanov <rambiusparkisan...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: using native2ascii
Date Mon, 14 Jul 2003 15:22:44 GMT
Hi David, I am also using <native2ascii> and I don't
have the problems you mentioned. Here is the way I do
it:
<target name="convertProperties" depends=""
description="Converts messages in property files to
Unicode">
    <native2ascii encoding="windows-1251"
src="${arcade.srcdir}" dest="${arcade.srcdir}"
includes="*.org" ext=""/>
  </target>

This target takes all filles with .org extensions
(includes clause), transforms them with windows 1251
(cyrillic) encoding and ouptputs them in files without
.org extensions (ext clause).
I do not know exactly what you want to do, but this is
part of the build.xml of a tomcat web app and we store
 our human-readable i18n messages in in files with
extensions .properties.org and the upper snippet
transforms them in .properties files in Unicode format
so that they are read later with ResourceBundle. I
also played with other encodings, not only windows
1251, and the result files were also correct.
In short, I think that you can try adding ext clause
in you target and/or dest clause. I am using Ant 1.5.3
and  they are described in its manual.

I hope this will help you
Sincerely Ivan