ant-user mailing list archives

From "Sharad Jain" <s.j...@gtisoft.com>
Subject jdk_home vs. java_home
Date Thu, 17 Jul 2003 17:01:36 GMT
I wonder why ant expects JAVA_HOME to be pointing to JDK
instead of JRE...
The only reason, I can think of is that ant needs to support
tasks like javac/jar that are not provided by JRE...
But, afaik JAVA_HOME for most java applications need to be
pointing to JRE (the reason being JRE/bin has all the dll(s)/so(s)
that can be used by the runtime application.
The notion is the use JDK_HOME for locating javac/jar tasks.

Am I missing something here Or is there no clear distinction drawn
between JAVA_HOME/JDK_HOME in java community ?

-sjain