ant-user mailing list archives

From Richard Hill <RH...@classmates.com>
Subject Ant and DOM memory allocation
Date Thu, 17 Jul 2003 18:24:11 GMT
I'm using a parent ant file that has a target that sequentially calls
mulitple (15+) <ant antfile... tasks. If I add too many ant antfile task
calls, or run the parent ant file too many times in a row, I get the
following message:

java.lang.OutOfMemoryError
        <<no stack trace available>>
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.OutOfMemoryError
        <<no stack trace available>>

I've looked through the archives and I tried all the VM tweaks, but nothing
works. I'm running Ant 1.5.3, Java 1.3.1 on linux redhat 8.0, have 500MB
RAM, and1GB of swap. Every time I run the ant file, and look at the memory
used, it keeps increasing by a 200 - 300 MB and not getting released.

It seems that all of these xml docs end up as DOM in memory...how/when is
that memory released after the parent ant file exits?

Is anyone else experencing the same issue?...or is this a limitation of
using Ant?

Thanks for any light that anyone can shed on this issue.

Richard Hill