ant-user mailing list archives

From Richard Hill <>
Subject Ant and DOM memory allocation
Date Thu, 17 Jul 2003 18:24:11 GMT
I'm using a parent ant file that has a target that sequentially calls
mulitple (15+) <ant antfile... tasks. If I add too many ant antfile task
calls, or run the parent ant file too many times in a row, I get the
following message:

        <<no stack trace available>>
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.OutOfMemoryError
        <<no stack trace available>>

I've looked through the archives and I tried all the VM tweaks, but nothing
works. I'm running Ant 1.5.3, Java 1.3.1 on linux redhat 8.0, have 500MB
RAM, and1GB of swap. Every time I run the ant file, and look at the memory
used, it keeps increasing by a 200 - 300 MB and not getting released.

It seems that all of these xml docs end up as DOM in is
that memory released after the parent ant file exits?

Is anyone else experencing the same issue?...or is this a limitation of
using Ant?

Thanks for any light that anyone can shed on this issue.

Richard Hill

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message