ant-user mailing list archives

From "Ciramella, EJ" <ECirame...@emptoris.com>
Subject RE: optional.jar - why doesn't ant find it in ANT_HOME\lib?
Date Wed, 30 Jul 2003 16:53:03 GMT
How about the verbose / debug output?  Yeah, the env var "classpath".  I'd
remove that (if possible).

-----Original Message-----
From: Wendi Sisson [mailto:wendi.sisson@fedex.com]
Sent: Wednesday, July 30, 2003 12:39 PM
To: Ant Users List
Subject: Re: optional.jar - why doesn't ant find it in ANT_HOME\lib?

I'm sorry, what do you mean by "blow away your classpath"? Do you mean erase
it
entirely? And, if so, do you mean the environment variable (as opposed to
the
one in the build.xml)?

In the meantime, here is the output of a "set" command, without having
changed
anything since my last email. As always, thanks!

ALLUSERSPROFILE=C:\Documents and Settings\All Users
ANT_HOME=D:\opt\ant
APPDATA=C:\Documents and Settings\ws429258\Application Data
ClassPath=D:\jdk1.2.2\bin\;D:\jdk1.2.2\jre\lib\rt.jar;D:\opt\;D:\Program
Files\T

OPLink\Classes\JDK1.2\TOPLink.jar;D:\Program
Files\TOPLink\Classes\JDK1.2\TOPLin

kX.jar;D:\Program
Files\TOPLink\Classes\JDK1.2\Tools.jar;D:\opt\TradeXpress\libs

\javax.jar;D:\opt\TradeXpress\libs\xerces.jar;D:\opt\TradeXpress\libs\dtdpar
ser.

jar;D:\opt\TradeXpress\libs\classes.jar;D:\opt\TradeXpress\libs\gsjclientbas
e.ja

r;D:\opt\TradeXpress\libs\ejbtools.jar;D:\opt\;D:\Program
Files\TOPLink\Classes\

JDK1.2\;D:\Program Files\Exceed.nt\hcljrcsv.jar;D:\Program
Files\Exceed.nt\;C:\P

rogram
Files\Exceed.nt\hcljrcsv.jar;C:\WINNT\system32\PureEdge\46\Java\Source\;C

:\WINNT\system32\PureEdge\46\Java\Classes\pe_api.jar;.;D:\opt\TradeXpress\li
bs\c

lasses12.zip;D:\opt\weblogic\wlserver6.1\lib\weblogic.jar;D:\opt\ant\lib\opt
iona

l.jar;D:\opt\ant\lib\NetComponents.jar
CommonProgramFiles=C:\Program Files\Common Files
COMPUTERNAME=WS429258
ComSpec=C:\WINNT\system32\cmd.exe
HOMEDRIVE=C:
HOMEPATH=\
JAVA_HOME=D:\opt\weblogic\jdk131
LOGONSERVER=\\WS429258
MA_AGENT=c:\svctools\softmgmt\rstate.exe
NUMBER_OF_PROCESSORS=1
OS=Windows_NT
Os2LibPath=C:\WINNT\system32\os2\dll;
Path=D:\jdk1.2.2\bin;D:\Oracle8\bin;D:\Oracle8I\bin;D:\oracle\bin;D:\Program
Fil

es\oracle\bin;d:\mks\mkssi;d:\mks\mksnt;C:\WINNT\system32;C:\WINNT;C:\WINNT\
Syst

em32\Wbem;D:\Program Files\common;;D:\Program Files\JProbe Suite
4.0\bin;D:\opt\

weblogic\wlserver6.1;D:\opt\weblogic\wlserver6.1\bin;D:\opt\ant\bin;D:\Visua
lCaf

e\BIN;D:\VisualCafe\JAVA\BIN;D:\Program Files\JProbe Suite
4.0\bin;D:\opt\ant\bi

PATHEXT=.COM;.EXE;.BAT;.CMD;.VBS;.VBE;.JS;.JSE;.WSF;.WSH
PROCESSOR_ARCHITECTURE=x86
PROCESSOR_IDENTIFIER=x86 Family 6 Model 8 Stepping 3, GenuineIntel
PROCESSOR_LEVEL=6
PROCESSOR_REVISION=0803
ProgramFiles=C:\Program Files
PROMPT=$P$G
ROOTDIR=d:/mks
SystemDrive=C:
SystemRoot=C:\WINNT
TEMP=C:\DOCUME~1\ws429258\LOCALS~1\Temp
TMP=C:\DOCUME~1\ws429258\LOCALS~1\Temp
TMPDIR=C:/WINNT/TEMP
USERDOMAIN=WS429258
USERNAME=ws429258
USERPROFILE=C:\Documents and Settings\ws429258
windir=C:\WINNT

"Ciramella, EJ" wrote:

> Could you blow away your classpath and send us the output of a "set"
command
> (I'd also like to see the output from -debug -verbose)?  I regularly use
the
> FTP task and I don't have to do anything special (other than get the
> required jar file).

org.apache\tools\ant\taskdefs\optional\net.

> I have since tried 2 other steps: I added the optional & ftp libraries to
> the
> build.classpath variable used in the build.xml file (as well as to the
> environment variable, although the ftp task in my build.xml does not
> explicitly use the build.classpath variable). I also re-started the
> computer,
> even though it's not supposed to be necessary, to make sure all the
> environment variable changes have been picked up.
>
> Any other pointers? Again, thanks for your consideration.
>
> Wendi
>
> Antoine Levy-Lambert wrote:
>
> > Wendy,
> > can you check whether your copy of optional.jar contains the class
> > org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.optional.net.FTP
> > May be you are using a non-official build which was done in the absence
of
> > netcomponents.jar
> > and does not contain the FTP class.
> >
> > Cheers,
> > Antoine

Google
> > > search on this issue. I have the feeling the answer is obvious, but
I'm