ant-user mailing list archives

From Andy Jefferson <>
Subject java : Generation of args from FileSet
Date Mon, 28 Jul 2003 07:59:53 GMT
I've seen this topic on the mailing list from some time back yet didn't
see a particularly nice solution.

I want to invoke a java task, passing in a set of files as the input. I
can put these files in a FileSet, yet I cannot then get them into the
command via the args, since it seemingly doesn't allow input of
FileSet's as input for args.

So for example I can set up
<fileset dir="${my.dir}" includes="**/*.jdo"/>

Yet I cannot do
    <fileset dir="${my.dir} includes="**/*.jdo"/>
within the java task (!)

I've looked at the 'apply' task, yet while that allows me to input
FileSet as input :-), I cannot input the classpath to use and classname
to execute in a convenient way :-(

Is there a nice solution to this very basic issue ?

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message