ant-user mailing list archives

From peter reilly <peter.rei...@corvil.com>
Subject RE: replace string in binary file
Date Thu, 24 Jul 2003 11:29:14 GMT
On Thu, 2003-07-24 at 13:12, David Resnick wrote:
> Thanks for the speedy reply!
>
> I just tried using the nightly build and the very first operation
> (delete) failed:
>
>    [delete] Deleting 1493 files from C:\sandbox\work
[shudder Windows]
>    [delete] Deleting C:\sandbox\work\C:\sandbox\work\file.txt
>    [delete] Unable to delete file
> C:\sandbox\work\C:\sandbox\work\file.txt

This does not look right, do you have a portion of
the build file that causes this.
There has been some work recently to speed up
handling of patternsets, with some mods dealing with
root directories - you may have ran into a bug with
this code.

You could try a previous nightly build - perhaps 2003-07-14.

> I was in any case worried about replacing the stable version of Ant that
> I use with an alpha release; now I'm really worried ;-).
>
> Could you point me in the direction of the fixes to the copy task so
> that I can merge them into a regular release of Ant?

The fixes in this case are more of a redesign....

Peter