ant-user mailing list archives

From peter reilly <peter.rei...@corvil.com>
Subject Re: Unable to delete directory
Date Fri, 11 Jul 2003 08:50:00 GMT
The following is pure speculation, as I do
not currently use NT/Win/WinXp.

This may be related to a virus checker.

On NT one is not allowed to delete files/directories
if another process have them open. (perhaps only
ntfs filesystem).

A virus checker can be registered to be called
back when contents of a directory change (files added
or removed).

This would imply that there could be a race condition
between a virus checker and a process iterating through
a directory tree deleting files and their directories.

The fix you suggest may solve the problem (at least sometimes).

Can you apply the included patch to Delete.java in the
nightly build to check if this is correct.

Peter.