ant-user mailing list archives

From "Parnell, Giles (AU - Sydney)" <>
Subject Using the same targets across multiple platforms
Date Thu, 31 Jul 2003 00:25:43 GMT
Hi there Guys

I am writing a build script using Ant1.5.2 for a jboss deployment. The
script needs to work across multiple platforms -ie: windows and solaris. My
problem is that in either environment I need to call different jboss shell
scripts -ie: run.bat or

I don't want to have to write different targets for each environment as
it'll make the build script harder to maintain and far to long. I wanted to
use the ant 'if' statement but it appears to only apply to a target, and
what I really want is to be able to apply the if to specific exec statements
- ie:

<target name="debugjboss" >
	<!-- Only do if SOLARIS -->
	<exec dir="${bin}" executable="${bin}/">
		<arg line="-c ${projectName}"/>
		<env key="JAVA_OPTS" value="-remote debugging props/>

	<!-- Only do if WINDOWS -->
	<exec dir="${bin}" executable="${bin}/run.bat">
		<arg line="-c ${projectName}"/>
		<env key="JAVA_OPTS" value="-remote debugging props/>

This design essentially needs to be in place for all my targets. Does anyone
know a way of doing what I've described above, or a better way of doing
this? Any help muchly appreciated.

"...the opportunities that are proffered by corporate websites, web
advertising and email are too great to ignore", according to the Australian
Financial Review's 2003 Marketing Survey.

Eclipse can help you use new media to engage your customers. To find out
how, please contact Jamie Verco on 9322 5181 or 0408 202 203.

Giles Parnell |    ECLIPSEGROUP   |   02 9322 5124   |   Mobile 0403 768656

Level 9, 190 George Street, Sydney, NSW 2000, Fax: 02 9322 5121

> The Eclipse Group is a wholly owned subsidiary of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu

for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed.
If you are not the intended recipient of this email, you must not
copy or otherwise use this information. If you have received this email in
please notify Eclipse Group immediately.

***********Confidentiality/Limited Liability Statement***************

This message contains privileged and confidential information intended
only for the use of the addressee named above.  If you are not the
intended recipient of this message, you must not disseminate, copy or
take any action in reliance on it.  If you have received this message
in error, please notify Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu immediately.  Any
views expressed in this message are those of the individual sender,

The liability of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu, is limited by, and to the
extent of, the Accountants' Scheme under the Professional Standards
Act 1994 (NSW).

The sender cannot guarantee that this email or any attachment to it
is free of computer viruses or other conditions which may damage or
interfere with data, hardware or software with which it might be used.
It is sent on the strict condition that the user carries out and relies
on its own procedures for ensuring that its use will not interfere with
the recipients systems and the recipient assumes all risk of use and
absolves the sender of all responsibility for any consequence of its use.