ant-user mailing list archives

From Peter Craddock <peter.cradd...@cedar.com>
Subject Java Task
Date Mon, 28 Jul 2003 12:42:59 GMT
Hi

I have been trying to start an instance of the orion application server
using a java program that starts a sub process which executes the command
java -jar orion.jar and I seem to be getting a few strange errors.

If I fork the process the next ant task does not start
If I dont fork the process the tests that start to run but then ant freeze's
during the tests.

When I fork the tests I see the folowing behaviour in task manager

java process starts for ant - ant
java process starts for my program that reads input and error streams from
sub process until process has completed starting up. (initialised read from
input stream of sub process) - my program
java process starts as expected - orion

my program java process now exits as expected
ant does not start next task

I have tried this using exec and I get the same error.

Can anyone help
Pete.