ant-user mailing list archives

From "Antoine Levy-Lambert" <>
Subject Re: Ant. Newbie.
Date Mon, 28 Jul 2003 16:48:59 GMT
I have downloaded the package and unzipped. In the manual it says I have to
the program

build -Ddist.dir=<directory_to_contain_Ant_distribution> dist

in order to build Ant.

>I do not find this build executable?

maybe it is not your download, if you download the sources, there are 2
files build.bat (for Windows) and (for UNIX).

>I want to use Ant to build my web-application.
>I have not found any information on how to use Ant to build a web-app?

have a look at the war task in the manual.
also useful for you the javac task to compile your source code if your
web-app contains some Java sources

There is a book called Java Development with Ant which maybe would help you
(authors Erik Hatcher and Steven Loughran)

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message