ant-user mailing list archives

From "Antoine Levy-Lambert" <anto...@antbuild.com>
Subject Re: Can I use ANT as an interface with Microsoft Visual SourceSafe?
Date Fri, 11 Jul 2003 12:19:41 GMT
Hi Bui Dinh,
yes, you can use in programs the ant tasks with Visual Source Safe.
grep in the ant source code for getProject().createTask() to see how you can
create a task and run it (I think the SignJar task has that).
You can also simply create an xml build file and put your Visual Source Safe
tasks in it.
Antoine
----- Original Message -----
From: "Bui Dinh Chien" <ChienBD@fsoft.com.vn>
To: "Ant Users List" <user@ant.apache.org>
Sent: Friday, July 11, 2003 6:27 AM
Subject: Can I use ANT as an interface with Microsoft Visual SourceSafe?

Dear Sir,
Now I have to make a Java program to check in/check out one/many source
file to/from Microsoft Visual SourceSafe. As I see in ANT'lib, there is
one package org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.optional.vss, I dont know I
can use this package as interface with MS VSS or not, and if can, how
can I use? Please help me.
Thanks and best regards
Chienbui