ant-user mailing list archives

From "Antoine Levy-Lambert" <anto...@antbuild.com>
Subject Re: Build Successful Message
Date Tue, 29 Jul 2003 09:42:30 GMT

----- Original Message -----
From: "Vikas Phonsa" <VPhonsa@suz.com>
Sent: Tuesday, July 29, 2003 1:18 AM

> I am running my build in Eclipse WSDC IDE. But I have seen the "Build
> Successful" message in IDE,a lot of times it just doesn't appear.
>
> I am not sure what a default logger is but I am sure I have not made any
> attempt to change the logger.

The default logger is the piece of code which displays output from your work
when you start ant from the command line.

IDE's most likely supply their own logger, so that the IDE's can connect the
events happening in ant with specific locations in your build files, and
allow you for instance to find the error location quickly if something went
wrong, ...

A non default logger may for instance make the border of the box displaying
ant output in the IDE green instead of printing a message "BUILD
SUCCESSFUL".

I do not know Eclipse, so I dont know how a build in Eclipse visually looks
like.

Cheers,

Antoine