ant-user mailing list archives

From "Antoine Levy-Lambert" <anto...@antbuild.com>
Subject Re: copy only if newer
Date Wed, 16 Jul 2003 21:38:40 GMT
----- Original Message -----
From: <mark.russel@pncbank.com>
Sent: Wednesday, July 16, 2003 8:54 PM
Subject: copy only if newer

> I have a set of files in /opt/app/foo and a staging area ~/stage.
> the files in /opt/app/foo are owned by admin
> the files in ~/stage are owned by user
>
> via scp user can copy the files to /opt/app/foo under the admin id
>
> I need an ant task to build a fileset that will only give me the files
that
> are out of date.

You need a custom selector.
In ant 1.6 there is a <different/> selector which finds different files
between 2 directories, but this is not exactly what you want.
Have a look here in the manual for general information about selectors.
http://ant.apache.org/manual/CoreTypes/selectors.html

Selectors can be nested in filesets to restrict the filesets.

Antoine