ant-user mailing list archives

From "Emmanuel FELLER" <Emmanuel.FEL...@maaf.fr>
Subject Compact JSP to suppress useless blank and comments (replaceregexp or third party task)
Date Wed, 30 Jul 2003 13:17:00 GMT
Hi,

I want to compact my jsp to reduce the network bandwith use.

I did a search but i haven't found a task to suppress useless blank and
comments.

I tried a replaceregexp with the example given into the ant manual to
suppress blank.
<replaceregexp match="\s+" replace=" " flags="g" byline="true">
    <fileset dir="${html.dir}" includes="**/*.html" />
</replaceregexp>

It's working quiet good but I still have the line separator in my
destination file.
On :
<<TAB>><h1>    T E S T   </h1>  <<TAB>>
<<TAB>> </body></html>

it gives :
<h1> T E S T </h1>

Wich is not what i should have. I am building with a jdk 1.4 on win XP
but i place the
current jakarta ORO impl jar in my ant\lib directory. I think that it
doesn't use the ORO impl but how modify the config to use it ?

Or do you know any third party task to compact my jsp ?

Regards,
Emmanuel