ant-user mailing list archives

From "Robert Kessler" <kess...@cs.utah.edu>
Subject RE: Overriding a task in a Shared build file
Date Sun, 13 Jul 2003 14:16:20 GMT
I figured out a solution.  I created an indirection in each task.  Task foo
does an ant call of task default_foo.  This is accomplished via a property
(target.foo) which is set to default_foo.  Then when I want to override foo,
I create target my_foo and change target.foo to be my_foo.

Thanks.
Bob.

-----Original Message-----
From: Robert Kessler [mailto:kessler@cs.utah.edu]
Sent: Friday, July 11, 2003 3:31 PM
To: user@ant.apache.org
Subject: Overriding a task in a Shared build file

Hi,

We wish to have a shared build file and I have investigated using the
DOCTYPE/ENTITY model.  This works just great for us, however, I wish to have
the capability to override one or more of the tasks defined in the shared
file.

Is there anyway that I can do this?

Thanks.
Bob.
p.s. One idea that I thought of was to have the shared build file actually
suck in each of the individual targets in their own .xml snippet files.
However, apparently you can't use the DOCTYPE/ENTITY technique in nested
files.

---