ant-user mailing list archives

From "Hal" <hal.hildebr...@hellblazer.com>
Subject Failing when including XML who's path has a space in it
Date Mon, 14 Jul 2003 22:03:39 GMT
Okay, this used to work, but now doesn't....  I'm baffled and was hoping that someone on the
list had run into this before.

What happens is that I'm including some XML in a build.xml - normal enough.  Here's the definition:
  <?xml version="1.0"?>
  <!DOCTYPE project [
      <!ENTITY install SYSTEM "internal/install.xml">
  ]>
  <project name="installation" default="install">
      <!-- Include common install definitions -->
      &install;
Note that there are no "spaces" in the definition.  Rather the "spaces" are in the current
path for this file - i.e. "c:\hal\test installation\".

So when I run ant on this build file I get:

C:\hal\test%20installation\internal\install.xml could not be found

Note the %20 translation of the space.

So, what happened?  I was doing this a couple of months ago with no issues....

Hopefully someone out there with more XML savvy than I has run into this issue and has a quick
"Take the spoon out of the cup before drinking it" kind of fix.

Many thanks.